Monday, March 2, 2015

A pigeon had fallen on the track.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203745361052570&set=a.3488573251108.162656.1174761502&type=3&theater
A pigeon had fallen on the track.


We were standing in the mayhem of Nehru place. I had always loved this place. Perhaps because during our school days, after bunking classes, we had spent most of our time here, between Nehru Place and Kalka Ji. We had seen this place changing.  Nupur, my younger daughter, she was holding my hand. Metro was running with delay. Many people checked their watches after every 5 seconds, like this is going to make time run faster, or perhaps they were too late to wait. Most of the teens were busy in their Smartphones; I think they enjoyed their life more in those Smartphones than in the real world. 


There were still four more minutes for the metro to arrive. Nupur was looking at a kid of her age, whose shoes had lights. Nupur had those shoes at home. I always wanted to have those, when I was a kid but never got one. Probably because I had never asked anybody. And then, with a bang, we all saw the smoke on the electric wire, above the tracks. It had scared almost everybody; a pigeon had fallen down on the track. Everybody rushed towards the brink of the platform to see the fallen bird. They made guesses about what would have happened and whether it was alive or dead. Other than that nobody did nothing. 

Nupur had tightened her grip on my hand. she asked me,” Daddy, shouldn’t we do something, to take it out of there.” “No.” I snapped immediately, dragging her away from the brink, “Nhi Beta, train is coming. Accident ho sakta hai na?” She was already confused at people’s reaction and got more confused, with my answer. Metro had arrived and there was rush for the seats. We got a seat near door. She was still puzzled, turned towards me, looked into my eyes and asked “Daddy jo abhi hua, kya vo accident nhi tha??” I had no answer for her innocent question.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment