Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The employee...!!

https://www.facebook.com/harpreetsinghgrover/media_set?set=a.3488573251108.162656.1174761502&type=3


It was the final round of my interview. Company had called me to their HQ. Wearing a suit always gives you confidence. Avarice had forced me to pray today. I was a good candidate for this job; I even had relevant work experience, though I felt scared. Perhaps this company was too good and I was scared of loosing this opportunity. Apart from practicing for my interview, I had also been doing all good deeds in these last few days. I really wanted this job.

I parked my car and started moving towards their main office. I had to cross this small park to reach there. It was a weekend and to my astonishment, there were quite a few people in the park. The idea of making these parks was always useless for me.

“Sir free this poor pigeon only for 50 Rupees, it will give you blessings Sir.” I saw a boy in his early 20s following me. His dirty jean was rolled on bottom and he was holding a cage. At first, I ignored him and moved fast. He kept on following me. “Sir aapka interview acha hoga Sir. (Sir your interview will go well.)” He was good at marketing. I smiled and looked back but kept on walking. Then suddenly, I stopped, 50 rupees were nothing to me but this job, it definitely meant a lot to me. I looked back. He was still standing over there, waiting for my cue.

He came running towards me and extended his hand. I looked into his eyes; he gave me a smile and moved that cage towards me. I took my wallet out and gave him a 50 Rupees Note. I took the cage, opened it and let the poor pigeon fly. I gave that cage back to him with a smile.

Indeed I felt good. I felt more confident for the interview. I knew that God was taking my test, test for my humanity and I think, I had just cleared it.

I turned back and looked at that boy. He was looking up, and to my amazement, in next few seconds that pigeon came back to the same cage. “Oh My God!” I whispered. I called that boy and said, “This is cheating. You have cheated me.” I was angry, on both of them. “No Sir.” He replied, again with a smile. “Sir ye business hai, aur Raja mere liye kaam krta hai. Bilkul vaise hi, jaise aap bhi kal se kisi ke liye kar rahe hoge. (It’s a pure business and Raja works for me. Just like, you will be working for someone by tomorrow. )”

He saw his potential client, walking in suit, holding a certificate file and immediately ran towards him.



No comments:

Post a Comment