Sunday, August 9, 2015

Salty Coffee.

theworldassiseeit.blogspot.com


Salty Coffee.

He met her on a party. She was looking gorgeous. Many guys were chasing her, whereas he was very normal, nobody paid attention to him. But at the end of the party, he invited her to have coffee with him, she was surprised, but she liked his politeness and went with him. They sat in a nice coffee shop. 

He was too nervous to say anything, she too started feeling uncomfortable. She wanted to go home. Suddenly he asked the waiter, “Would you please give me some salt? I’d like to put it in my coffee.” Everybody stared at him, it was strange. He also felt the air, his face turned red, but still, he added salt in his coffee and drank it.

She asked him curiously, “Why do you add salt to your coffee? Do you always like your coffee like that only?” He replied, “Yes. I like it like this only. Because when I was a little boy, I lived near the sea, I liked playing in the water and while playing I often tasted sea water. This salty coffee always reminds me of my childhood; I think of my hometown, I miss that place so much; I miss my parents who are still living there. I have come far away from my roots, my culture and my family. I miss the smell of that soil”. While saying that tears filled his eyes. 

She was deeply touched. That’s his true feeling, from the bottom of his heart. A man who can tell out his homesickness, he must be a man who loves home, cares about home, has responsibility of home. Then she also started to speak, spoke about her faraway hometown, her childhood, her family. That was a really nice talk, also a beautiful beginning of their story. They continued to date. She found that he was the man who meets all her demands; he had tolerance, was kind-hearted, warm and careful. He was such a good person and she had nearly lost him, without even knowing him, on their very first date. Thanks to his salty coffee!

Then the story was just like every other beautiful love story, the princess married to the prince and then they started living the happy life. Every time she made coffee for him, she’d put some salt in the coffee, as she knew that he liked it this way.


After 40 years, he passed away. He had left her a letter which said, “My dearest, please forgive me, I have lied you for my whole life. But the only lie I said to you is “the salty coffee”. Remember the first time we dated? I was so nervous at that time, actually I wanted some sugar, but nervously I said salt. It was hard for me to change so I just went ahead. I never thought that could be the start of our communication. I tried to tell you the truth many times in my life, but I was too afraid to do that, as I have promised not to lie to you for anything. Now when I’m dying, I want to tell you the truth and want your pardon. I never liked salty coffee. What a strange bad taste and I have had that salty coffee for my whole life! But since it was for you, I did it happily. Having you with me was my biggest happiness for my whole life. If I can live for the second time, I would still want you as my life partner and even I am ready to drink the salty coffee again for my next life as well”. 

Her tears made that letter wet. After so many years, someone asked her, “What’s the taste of salty coffee?” “It’s sweet”, She replied.


via Quora

No comments:

Post a Comment